RVUUF was formally organized on Nov. 15, 1953. It is an autonomous congregation and governs itself using bylaws that were created when the fellowship became a member of the Unitarian Universalist Association of congregations.
RVUUF is governed by a Board of Directors. The congregation votes on a slate of names from the membership at the annual meeting, which is usually near the end of the the fiscal year (July-June). A Nominating Committee is elected by the congregation and is charged with presenting names for election of the Board of Directors. Committees, teams and groups oversee many vital functions, and report their activities to the Board.
Board of Directors for: 2017-2018
- Jim Meckel – President
- Katy Fox – Vice President
- Lyn Godsey – Treasurer
- Alex Lukacs – Secretary
- Colleen Chambers
- Roger Howe
- Joanie Kintscher
Minutes for recent Board meetings:
Board Minutes: Archives
RVUUF’s Five-Year Goals
“We, the members of the Rogue Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, commit ourselves to implementing the following five goals for the 5 year period beginning with the 2015-16 Church year. We will:
- Strengthen the ongoing health of this Beloved Community by adhering to the Covenant of Right Relations in all our interactions with Fellowship members and staff.
- Rebuild our governance structure and operations in order to clarify responsibilities of committees and staff and allocate appropriate authority to carry out those responsibilities.
- Encourage members to take on leadership roles and support their leadership efforts.
- Promote a culture of generosity by providing a variety of ways members may contribute to the Fellowship on a year-round basis.
- Commit to actively participating in promoting the purpose, mission and vision of our congregation.”