RVUUF was formally organized on Nov. 15, 1953. It is an autonomous congregation and governs itself using bylaws that were created when the fellowship became a member of the Unitarian Universalist Association of congregations.
The congregation votes on a slate of names from the membership at the annual meeting, which is usually near the end of the the fiscal year (July-June). A Nominating Committee is elected by the congregation and is charged with presenting names for election of the Board of Directors.
- Board of Directors for: 2016-2017
- Jim Meckel – President
- Katy Fox – Vice President
- Lyn Godsey – Treasurer
- Alex Lukacs – Secretary
- Delores Nims
- Joanie Kintscher
- Courtney Bucolo
- Reverend Nan White (ex-officio)
RVUUF’s Five-Year Goals
“We, the members of the Rogue Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, commit ourselves to implementing the following five goals for the 5 year period beginning with the 2015-16 Church year. We will:
- Strengthen the ongoing health of this Beloved Community by adhering to the Covenant of Right Relations in all our interactions with Fellowship members and staff.
- Rebuild our governance structure and operations in order to clarify responsibilities of committees and staff and allocate appropriate authority to carry out those responsibilities.
- Encourage members to take on leadership roles and support their leadership efforts.
- Promote a culture of generosity by providing a variety of ways members may contribute to the Fellowship on a year-round basis.
- Commit to actively participating in promoting the purpose, mission and vision of our congregation.”