Regarding internet history -- the origin & naming of the "World Wide Web" itself 20+ years ago (1990 proposal) -- Sir Tim Berners-Lee is a UU: The World Wide Web and the "Web of Life" (our UU Principle #7)..
Some rvuuf.org history (links to older home pages may omit some images (from "Wayback Machine"/Internet Archive).
|Years||Web Admin||Tool used||Screen Shots|
|2013-||Kieran Taylor||Drupal 7.x|
|2007-2013||Steve Weyer||Drupal 5.x, 6.x, 7.x||
|2000-2007||Leon Guild||Adobe PageMill 3.x||
|1995-2000||Don Mark||HTML text editor||1996|
Selected recent development highlights (for more details about accomplishments & goals, see Annual Reports (next sections) and Technology section):
- adopted Drupal; redesigned our site (and changed web hosts) to more easily: update and reorganize content, change menus and appearance, add new interactive features such as slideshows, games, polls and forums, and support future Member/Friend-only sections.
- home page screenshots: 1; 2, 3; 4
- upgraded from Drupal version 5.x to 6.x
- developed online library catalog
- developed skills database (committee chairs only) now obsolete
- 2009 (this and subsequent labels link to Annual Reports)
- added Governance, Policies & Procedures and Forms pages.
- improved Calendar and Slideshows
- added online audio sermons
- reorganized/renamed Committees & Groups to reflect new Council of Ministries structure
- cleanup for HTML & CSS validation
- upgraded from Drupal version 6.x to 7.x
- added Site Index, and removed/renamed some pages
- redesigned site to use an "adaptive theme" and dropdown menus for smaller screens/mobile devices
- details about recent updates; screenshots: iPad portrait, iPad landscape
- specified admin & author roles, tasks
Great Geek Holidays:
- Pi Day: Mar 14 (3.14...)
- World Backup Day: Mar 31
- System Administrator Appreciation Day: July (last Friday)
- more: geekorizetalk.com, geekholidays.net, ...