Hardware and Networking: John Limb
Sound and Multimedia: Walter Ensign
Audio and Video: Jeff Platt
Service and Sermon Audio Post-Processing: Conrad Gardner
Software and Computers:
Computers: Roy Kindell
User Interface and Office Systems: Susan Marsden
Webmaster, Email: Steve Weyer
Background: The Technology Committee is one of the supporting committees fulfilling various functions of the Fellowship. The chair is elected by the members of the committee for a period of three years, subject to confirmation by the Board. The Technology Committee is partly responsible for implementing the Ashland Facility Initiative of RVUUF’s Strategic Plan.
- To anticipate and meet the technological needs of RVUUF.
- To stimulate the effective use of new technology in fulfilling the Mission of RVUUF.
- Deploy and maintain all technology used by RVUUF, including telecommunications, data networks, computers, databases, web site, e-mail, social networking systems, telephone systems, conferencing systems, and audio/video/multimedia systems.
- Develop a unified policy with other relevant committees regarding the publication of material in all forms.
- Consult on technology issues for other RVUUF entities.
- Provide appropriate backup of electronically stored information
- Train backup operators and administrators of critical systems.
- Promote good design, security, training and documentation practices.
- Provide education and a limited level of technical support to RVUUF Members.
- Explore the use of new technology in the conduct of our Mission.
- The committee will include those with a strong technical background in one of the areas of committee responsibility, as well as user representatives.