The task force that compiled the Congregation's thoughts regarding our covenant with one another drafted a Covenant of Right Relations: download (PDF). The draft incorporated the results of our covenant workshop held on Apr 15, 2007 and were refined by means of comments and suggestions offered subsequently by numerous members and friends of RVUUF. They were adopted by vote of the Congregation on December 9, 2007.
Summary: Congregational Covenant of Right Relations [Adopted by the Congregation on Dec 9, 2007]
Earnestly desiring that this congregation shall flourish, I therefore promise:
- to support and nurture myself so that I may bring a spirit of balance and wholeness to the community;
- to seek to understand others with patience, humility and tolerance, and to value integrity and respect as I interact with my UU sisters and brothers;
- to use wisdom and forbearance in challenging or conflictual situations, being slow to anger and quick to seek honest reconciliation if disagreement becomes hurtful;
- to be attentive to guests and new members as well as those whom I already know, thereby contributing to an atmosphere of welcome and hospitality;
- to inform myself of RVUUF policies and issues, and to support and empower the work of the Fellowship with my skills, resources, wisdom and good will.
In a spirit of high resolve, I join others in making this covenant so that this Fellowship shall become known for its vitality, warmth, and transformative energy.