Chair: Morty Smith
Members: Jim Cossolias, Paul Kintscher, Andy Seles, Mike LeTourneau, Ann Taylor, Jan Waitt, Ron Waitt
Members work throughout the year as individuals or as teams to maintain and improve the physical condition and appearance of the sanctuary building as well as the Annex building next door. The routine yard work is performed by a contractor employed by the committee, as are some particular jobs of appreciable scope.
A current emphasis has been pursued on the subject of Green Sanctuary projects for the building. These projects are generally related to a reduction of energy consumption (and cost) in the operation of our building.
The committee works individually, in teams, and in coordination with many volunteers on various projects during the year: Twice a year (March and August) BaG organizes major clean-up days.
Policies: Property & Maintenance
The Building and Grounds Committee is one of the requisite committees essential for the basic functioning of the Fellowship. The chair is appointed by the Board, with advice from the committee, for a two-year term. A liaison from the Board (usually the Vice President for Administration) serves as an ad hoc member of BaG.
- To maintain RVUUF’s buildings and grounds, recruiting help from other RVUUFians when needed.
- To advise the Finance Committee, annually, of anticipated budget needs for the upcoming program year.
- To advise the Board of upcoming projects and extraordinary budget needs.
- Respond to all physical problems in or having an effect on the property of the Fellowship and either fix or solve the problem or arrange to have it fixed.
- Investigate ways to save money or wear and tear on Fellowship facilities.
- Respond to requests to correct and/or improve necessary functions in the buildings.
- Work to improve the energy efficiency and responsiveness of church systems.
- Schedule and publicize two Saturday work parties each year to maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the property.
- Maintain communication with the Membership Committee and other committees by means of reports and cooperation with other committees.
- Prepare and maintain documents regarding procedures and system descriptions pertaining to building operations.
- Retain and monitor the performance of a contractor for yard maintenance.